Over the last school year the PSA held the following events in school:-
St Georges Day Dress down
Thanks to the ongoing support of all parents and carers of Highfield School children with these events, we thought you would be interested in what the raised money is used for: –
• Every year the PSA buys the Year 6 leavers sweatshirts for every Year 6 pupil.
• The children in Year 3 are provided with a passport to learning for the Children’s University. This ensures all students in KS2 are given the chance to take part in this fantastic opportunity. The children collect signatures in their passports for each activity they take part in ie, swimming lessons, football, Cubs etc. At the end of each year, when the hours have been added up, they are then invited to attend a Graduation Ceremony with a cap and gown which is held at Bolton University.
• Father Christmas visits every child in school and gives them a gift.
• Items for the playground such as balls, beanbags etc are replenished.
This year we have also provided funds to help towards: –
• New bean bags for the school library.
• Replenishment of the Year 1 outdoor area.
• Redevelopment of the outdoor Reception area (which looks amazing)
• M&M Productions came into school and did 2 performances of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, for KS1 and KS2.
• The poet Donovan Christopher to speaking to Year 5 pupils on Aspirations day.
• Bird boxes and compost for the fabulous Woodland area.
• We also contributed to the Daily Mile running track.
Your support is much appreciated, weather helping out, donating or attending events.
To enable us to have a wide variety of stalls etc at the Summer and Christmas fairs and for the fairs to go ahead we need volunteers, you would not be asked to do anything out of your comfort zone. We are all parents of children at Highfield School and are all very approachable. If you feel you can give up any of your time to help with any of the events please let us know. You can do this via the Highfield Primary School PSA Facebook Page, the PSA Blog or the school office.
The PSA Team