On Tuesday 6F visited the Tesco Farnworth store as part of the Higher Futures 4 U programme. We were taken around the store and found out about the huge variety of jobs involved within a large supermarket and those that you wouldn’t automatically associate with Tesco. We found out about where our food comes from and what jobs are involved in the ‘farm to fork’ journey! We tasted two different types of cheeses, some mediteranean bread and cold water prawns! What was your favourite? Thanks to Dave at Tesco for welcoming us!

4 thoughts on “On Tuesday 6F visited the Tesco Farnworth store as part of the Higher Futures 4 U programme. We were taken around the store and found out about the huge variety of jobs involved within a large supermarket and those that you wouldn’t automatically associate with Tesco. We found out about where our food comes from and what jobs are involved in the ‘farm to fork’ journey! We tasted two different types of cheeses, some mediteranean bread and cold water prawns! What was your favourite? Thanks to Dave at Tesco for welcoming us!”

1. I really enjoyed going to Tesco. My favourite was the Mediterranean bread. I can’t believe that we were allowed to go into the warehouse and the freezer, which was -14C and the best part of the whole trip.

2. I loved this trip so so so much it was really really fun wish we could it again can’t wait till our air raid trip on Wenesday it will be wired going to school in our WWW II costums and also I love love love love love love love love love love love Year 6 ☺️