Keep in touch!

Mrs McCabe and I are really missing you! We want you to know that you are all SUPERSTARS by staying at home, keeping safe and working hard on your home learning. It would be lovely to hear from you…why not tell us what you have been up to (and not just home school learning!) or just say “Hello!”

If you are unsure of how to leave a comment, here’s how…

Log in to the blog using your PurpleMash username and password.

Click on the blog ‘Keep in touch!’

Click on ‘Leave a comment’

Type your message and then click ‘Post comment’

We promise to read your comments and get back to you!

24 thoughts on “Keep in touch!”

1. I have wanted a dog to play with but mummy and daddy said only if am good and the coronaviris goes I am missing school and my friends and sometimes am very bored

Reply
    • Hi Jorja,
      We are all missing school too and can’t wait to go back and see everyone. If you have been doing anything exciting or got some pictures of what you have been doing you can share them with me on the blog. I am writing back to children on Purple Mash too if they have written. I love my dog Dexter, as you know , but it is very hard work looking after a dog. It is lovely to hear from you. Please write back soon and stay safe.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply
    • Hello it is Eden. I have been camped in my garden, enjoyed playing games. I like playing my Tappity app learning lots of fun facts about space and dinosaurs

Reply
      • Hello Eden, it is lovely to hear from you. Camping in your garden sounds like great fun! It is good to hear that you have been learning new facts about space and dinosaurs. Which is your favourite dinosaur? I’ve enjoyed seeing the pictures of your learning which your Mum has posted, great job! Keep working hard at home, keep safe and I hope to see more of your great learning. take care, Mrs Thornley x

Reply
  2. Hi Mrs McCabe it is Ashton Page. I am missing you very much. I have been trying my best to learn at home my little brother always wants me to play. I enjoy playing with him. I have been learning a little about Christopher Columbus, the tiddler, some maths with money, about different animals and exercising with Joe Wicks. I have also learnt to ride my bike I am very proud. I hope I can come back into year 1 again. I will try my best to keep learning. Good bye, stay safe.

Reply
    • Hi Ashton,
      Well done for learning to ride your bike that’s an amazing achievement! I am missing you lots too and just want to go back to school as soon as we can. I really hope we can all be together again as Year 1. I know that you are working hard from home and have seen your work on Purple Mash which is great. When I have been in school I have been doing Joe Wicks too. Which animal is your favourite? Why do you like it? What have you found out about Christopher Columbus? It is lovely to hear from you, please write back. Keep working hard from home!
      Take care and stay safe.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply
      • I love lions they are my favourite because it is the king of the jungle. I know Christopher Columbus was a explorer who did 4 voyages across the ocean in a ship. I am going to learn some number bonds today. I am trying my best and have done some work in my book I cant wait to show you.

Reply
        • Hi Ashton,
          You have been busy and I know you are trying your best. My favourite animal is a turtle because they are so beautiful and swim so elegantly. I love the way they bury their eggs on the beach to protect them until they hatch. I like lions too because they are so majestic and powerful. Do you know the name of the famous ship Christopher Columbus captained? Let me know which number bonds you are practising and are you still counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s? I can’t wait to see all your amazing work and am really looking forward to getting back to school. Keep up the good work Ashton and stay safe.
          Mrs McCabe X

Reply
    • Hi Evelyn,
      If you are finding Purple Mash a bit tricky have a go at some of the other work we set you. Have you been on You Tube and practised some of the counting songs we were doing in class? (Counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s with Jack Hartman and Scratch Garden.) What about some baking with your mum and dad and writing instructions? Can you write a story about Tiddler using all your writing targets? Please write back I love hearing from everyone and hope we can all go back to school soon. Take care and stay safe.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply
  3. Hi
    This is Hunter. I am really missing school, especially my friends.
    Whilst I have been off school I have been doing lots of learning with my Mum & Dad and arts and crafts. I have started reading Gangster Gran by David Walliams and I listen to his short stories online every day.
    Me and my Dad have been doing PE with Joe Wicks.
    I camped out in my back garden with my big brother which was really fun.
    I have been going on long dog walks every day with my Mum, Dad and Sister and I really hate it. I would rather be on my xbox!

Reply
    • Hello Hunter,
      It is so lovely to hear from you. I am really missing school too, its certainly not the same working from home. I hope that we will all be together back again soon making lots of happy memories. Wow, you have been a very busy boy, I am proud. I loved seeing your video on Twitter reading David Walliams, it was great to listen too. My eldest son, loves reading David Walliams books and he says you will really enjoy reading Gangsta Granny it is one of his favourite books. If you have Netflix you will be able to watch it on there once you have read it! Ive also been doing PE with Joe Wicks and going on lots of long walks with my children. We have found a woods close to our house which we enjoy going to. Keep in touch and write back again soon. Take care and stay safe, Mrs Thornley x

Reply
  4. Hello Mrs McCabe, this is Jessica!
    I am missing you and my friends very much 🙁
    I have been having lots of fun at home and enjoying the sunny weather with lots of walks and playing in the garden.
    I been baking and made fresh pizzas. I have even learnt how to ride my bike without stabilizers!!
    I have been working at home doing maths and spellings, i have made my own board game and wrote stories. I have almost learnt how to tell the time with mummy too!
    I was supposed to have my operation yesterday but is has been postponed for now so hopefully i will see you as soon as this is all over!
    Lots of love from jessica x

Reply
    • Hi Jessica,
      It sounds like you have been very busy and done lots of home learning. I can’t wait to hear all about it and read some of your stories. Well done for learning to ride your bike with no stabilisers, that’s a great achievement! I am glad to hear that you are having lots of fun too and enjoyed the sunshine. It is sad that they have had to postpone your operation again but good that you are staying at home and keeping safe and that I will hopefully get to see you in school before the end of the year. I am missing school and everyone there too. I really hope that we get together as a class again before the end of the school year and can’t wait to hear about everything that you have been up to. It has been lovely to hear from you, please write back when you can. Take care and stay safe.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply
  5. Hi Mrs Thornley. I do PE with Joe and watch Race Across the World. I have loved learning about continents and want to go to Brazil. I miss school and all my friends. I play with Mummy and Bea and Daddy. I bake things with Mummy and Bea. I go for rides on my bike with my Daddy and discover new paths around Bolton. Hope to see you soon, love Mattias.

Reply
    • Hello Mattias, how lovely to hear from you! I really miss being at school and seeing all you wonderful children. It sounds as though you have been working hard at home learning about different continents. So, you want to go to Brazil do you? I hope that dream comes true for you sometime in the future! I have also been baking a lot lately. The other weekend I made some chocolate chip cookies and then drizzled melted chocolate spread on the top, they were delicious and got eaten very quickly! It really is lovely to hear from you Mattias and to hear about all the different things you have been getting up to. I also hope to see you and all of 1H again very soon and when it is safe to do so. Keep working hard at home. Take care and stay safe. Mrs Thornley x

Reply
    • Hi Evelyn, I hope you have a lovely weekend too! I have enjoyed spending time with you in school this week. Please write back and let me know what you are getting up to at home. Stay safe.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply
    • Hi Isabelle, thank you for writing on our blog. I have loved seeing you in school this week. Please write back and tell me what you are doing at home. I would love to hear from you.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply
    • Hi Harvey, I think you have been having lots of fun at home in your pool. It was great to see you, Summer and Alfie in school this week. Please write back and tell me what you are doing at home. Stay safe.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply
    • Hi Olina, it was great to see you in school this week and I loved reading your story about How to Hide a Lion. I hope you have lots of fun this weekend. Please write back and let us know what you are doing. I hope we can all go back to school when it is safe.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply