Week 2 ~ Monday 20th April ~ Maths (CLIC)

Counting to 100

Practise counting forwards and backwards to 100. Can you start at different numbers? Why not sing along to The Big Number song ~ click on the pic!

Reading 2-digit numbers

Use the 100 splat square link below. Ask an adult to splat a number for you ~ can you read the number to them? Why not make some 2-digit number cards? Write 2-digit numbers on paper, turn them face down, when you turn each card over read the number.

Counting in 2s with Maths4Kids

This term we are learning to count in multiples of 2. Can you count in 2s from 0 to 10? Now try counting in 2s from 10 to 20. Can you count forwards in 2s? Can you count backwards in 2s? Click on the link below to learn how to count in 2s with Maths4Kids.

Bonds of numbers 3, 4 and 5

Its important that you keep practising and learning the bonds of numbers. This week you will learn the bonds of numbers 3, 4 and 5. Watch the Jack Hartmann videos below to help you learn the bonds of numbers 3, 4 and 5.

For each number can you write the bonds and the switcher e.g. 1+2=3, 2+1=3. Challenge yourself to write the fact family e.g. 1+2=3, 2+1=3, 3-1=2 and 3-2=1.

Draw yourself a Part-Whole Model. Can you fill in the ‘parts’ with numbers which make the whole 3, 4 and 5. Use objects or write the numbers.

2 thoughts on “Week 2 ~ Monday 20th April ~ Maths (CLIC)”

1. Hi Mrs Mccabe, it’s Haris, I have done loads of work for you, I am. Missing you lots.
    It’s hard cleaning the fishes pond and cleaning the chickens coup! I’ve got a sweat on in this hot weather.
    Hope to see you soon, from Haris xx

Reply
    • Hi Haris,
      I can’t wait to see all the amazing work you have been doing and really hope we can be together again as a class soon. I am missing everyone too. It sounds like you have been very busy! I bet the fish and chickens are loving having you at home to clean the pond and coup out in this very hot weather. My Dexter is loving going for walks in the sunshine every afternoon. It is lovely to hear what you have been getting up to. Please write back soon. Stay safe.
      Mrs McCabe X

Reply