Hello Year 2!

We are missing you!

Hello to all our amazing Year 2 pupils. We are missing being at school with you and are loving hearing all about your fabulous learning!

Did you know that it is National Space Day on Friday May 1st?

Perhaps you could do some research about all the fantastic space events that have happened in the past. Research some famous astronauts or make a space picture. You could practise your cutting skills and make a collage using newspaper and old magazines/comics. Be creative. Check out the website: www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html

Reading is fantastic and you were all doing so well with it. Keep reading. Below is alink to a book that has been written in these tricky times. Read it with a grown up and talk about what you have read, how do you feel? Click on the book below to read.

You will all have heard of the amazing story of Captain Tom who raised money for NHS charities by doing 100 laps of his back garden, at the age of 99! Have a look at the information below and have a go at the activities. How could you make a difference?

We all know how magnificent maths is and we’d love you to keep practising all your mental maths skills (see Y2 Summer Plan). We have done lots of work on multiplication and division, how they are opposite and how arrays can help to solve both sets of calculations. Have a go at making groups and arrays using items you have at home. Complete calculations from the x10, x5 and x2 tables. Below are some images to help you:

Ask a grown up to let you respond on this page to let us know how you’re getting on or upload your work to Twitter to show us your fabulous effort. Keep going with your Atlantic Antics too!

5 thoughts on “Hello Year 2!”

1. I am really missing all my friends and teachers. I have been learning about space and planets today and really enjoyed it .love Ollie c

Reply
  2. I’m going to do a space picture tomorrow. I love learning about space. I’m missing my friends and Mrs Ward and Mrs Tinsley. Can’t wait to see again. Love Elliott

Reply
  3. I miss being at school and I miss my friends and teachers. I like doing my work at home, I have been learning to tell the time. My mummy will put some pictures on Twitter of some of the work I have been doing. I can’t wait to see everyone again.
    Love from Brandon K

Reply
    • We miss you too Brandon. We are glad that you are enjoying your learning and can’t wait to see your efforts on Twitter!
      Mrs Talbot

Reply